Friday 22 June 2012

Our story (part 2) - the first date

On the Friday of The First Weekend (yes it gets capitals) Adam took me out to play pool with a few other friends in Leeds.  I don't remember a lot of details from the first night, except that it was easy and relaxed and we just had a lot of fun.  On Saturday we went into Leeds city centre.  I don't remember where we went or what we bought or even who was with us, but I remember one moment very clearly.  We were waiting to cross the road to the indoor market and just as the traffic cleared and we went to move off Adam held my hand.  I felt like I never wanted to let go of it again.  It was great.  And pretty amazing at how quickly we felt so comfortable with each other.  There weren't any awkward moments, we were just at ease in each other's company.  On Saturday evening everyone bundled into the transit van Adam had borrowed from his Dad to come down and went to Morrisons for some snacks.  I got the front seat, being Adam's date and everyone else climbed in the empty back.  We went back and hung out at the boys' house and played risk.  The teams were cleverly conspired by the boys so that Adam and I had to play together because we had so many people playing.  We made an awesome team and won the game.  It was a clear sign that I had found someone special when I saw he was good at board games and could match my competitiveness!  Matt and Adam walked us home and went back to Matt's house - near the end of our street.

On Sunday we went to church together and spent the afternoon and early evening hanging out before he was due to go back to Louth the next morning.  Another day I don't remember much about except the end.  We were back at the pink house and Anna and Matt had disappeared into the kitchen, very deliberately I might add, to leave us alone in the living room.  We were stood saying goodbye, well stalling having to say goodbye really, when it sounded like Matt and Anna were coming back through.  That was the spark to spur Adam into action and he quickly moved in for the kill and kissed me.  And from that moment on we were "official".  The next morning he drove me to uni in the transit van and dropped me off at the Parkinson steps before he went back to Louth.  It had been a fantastic weekend of spending every moment possible with each other and we knew we wanted more of it.

There's a picture of us while we were dating here

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wasn't this the weekend when you went out of church for something and when you came back Adam had his arm draped across the back of your chair which meant that when you sat down Adam would have his arm round you? And when that worked you sneakily tried the same thibng in the next class and it worked again??!